Public Employment Service Office or PESO is a non-fee charging multi-employment service facility or entity established or accredited pursuant to Republic Act No. 8759 otherwise known as the PESO Act of 1999
The PESO is a service oriented, multi-service facility, to ensure responsive and efficient delivery of employment services leading to higher labor market outcomes
As a non-fee charging facilitation agency, it aims to strengthen the overall labor exchange system to address skills, employment and other related concerns
Ensure the prompt, timely and efficient delivery of employment service and provision of information on other DOLE employment and self-employment program
The PESO shall operate within its area of jurisdiction in coordination with other concerned agencies, but in every case to the requirements of the National Employment Services Network (NEFSN).
- The PESO shall provide LMI services
- The PESO shall provide referral and placement services for local and overseas as well as private and public employment in accordance with existing policies, rules and regulations.
- The PESO shall provide career advocacy and employment coaching services.
- The PESO shall facilitate the implementation and/ or provision of livelihood and self-employment programs and services.
- In coordination with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) and the National Reintegration Center for OFW’s (NRCO), the PESO shall assist in providing re-integration assistance services to returning Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW’s).
- The PESO shall prepare and submit to the respective local Sanggunian or Council, through the LGU Committee on Labor and Employment, an annual employment plan and corresponding budget requirements including other regular funding sources and budgetary support to PESO.
- Coordinate and promote the adoption of enrolled youth work programs such as SPES and GIP pursuant to Executive Order No. 139 through Kabataan 2000 under the Office of the President as implemented by the DOLE and other agencies based on existing laws, rules and regulations. The PESO shall likewise encourage qualified employers to participate in the program.
- The PESO shall likewise perform other functions analogous to the above including programs or activities developed by the DOLE to enhance provision of employment assistance to clients, particularly for special groups of disadvantages workers such as persons with disabilities (PWDs) and displaced workers.
Other Services of PESO
- Initiate and organize job fairs, provided that job fairs conducted by private entities or educational institutions shall be supervised and monitored by the PESO pursuant to DOLE guidelines.
- Facilitate the conduct of local recruitment/ special recruitment activities in coordination with the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) and in accordance with the existing laws, rules and regulations.
- Initiate and organize livelihood and self-employment bazaars, in coordination with government and non-government institutions undertaking livelihood and self-employment programs and services.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of government-funded infrastructure projects to provided recruitment assistance to contractors for their skilled and unskilled human resource requirement pursuant to Republic Act No. 6685, otherwise known as Workers Hiring in Infrastructure Projects (WHIP).